Sunday, August 21

Getting ready

I have worked really hard in my classroom getting it fun and inviting for my new kids. I am loving it! I slaved for a week after professional development meetings until the janitors kicked me out. It's super late so I'll just show you a teaser.

My new clip chart. Over the summer my husband helped me come up with the pirate phrases. Thanks to Babbling Abby for the font inspiration. Love this font. I have been using it a lot. The font is called MTF Jumpin Jack.



This word wall is my absolute favorite part of my classroom. I wanted to make it last year when I discovered it on Julie Lee's class blog but never got around to it. I ran out of ribbon so it is unfinished for now. Mrs. White has an amazing classroom and I got a lot of inspiration from her. Like the title and the oh so cute octopus.


This is on the kids desks awaiting their arrival in the morning. I hope everyone has a great first day of school!! I'll be back to share more classroom pictures and first day of school activities.


Photobucket

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great! Lovin' that font, too!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Anonymous said...

Love the pirate phrases on the behavior chart :)

Mrs. Degeo said...

I love your behavior chart! I am doing something similar with frogs, the kids will land on "lily pads" for each spot. I am having trouble coming up for a saying for the bottom of my chart, do you have any suggestions? Here is what I have so far from top to bottom:
Toadally Awesome Day
Frogtastic Day
Hopping Good Choices
Reading to Leap Into Learning
Don't Froget the Rules
Leap Around the Other Way
If you have any suggestions I will be happy to hear them!! If not, know that I still love your pirate chart! :)

Ms.M said...

Would you be kind and please tell me the name of the font you used for the pirate behavior chart? I have been admiring it for some time now and I can't seem to find it.

Ms. M
Ms.M's Blog
A Teacher's Plan

PattyJ said...

I also have a pirate theme. Do you draw all of your pirate characters or did you get them somewhere? I love them. I would love to have some for my room.

Jessica said...

the font is called mtf jumpin jack. I linked it for you.

Ms.M said...

Thanks Jessica.

Ms. M

Natalie Alexander said...

Your room looks awesome! You have inspired me!

Unknown said...

I love your number cards next to your behavior chart. Is there any way to get a copy of those?

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm also doing a pirate theme and we are starting the behavior color chart. I downloaded the Jumpin Jack font and have tried to make mine look the same as yours in Microsoft word. How did you get the pretty colored shadows behind the letters? Or did you just cut out colored paper exactly to the shape of the letter? I hope that makes sense...not the polka dot part but the light pink part. Thanks!

Jessica said...

KBFed, email me and I will send you the file. You get the look through word art-glow in powerpoint.

Anonymous said...

Love the behavior charts... what does it say underneath the larger font?
Mrs. P

Ashley said...

Could you please send me the file too? Ashleynparent@gmail.com
Thank you!!

Mrs. McHaffie said...

Would ****LOVE**** a copy of the behavior chart phrases if you have a copy!! :) {fingers, toes, and eyes are crossed}

Super cute!
Kelly
Beg, Borrow, Steal

Mrs. McHaffie said...

oops...email:
kellymchaffie@hotmail.com

Kelly
Beg, Borrow, Steal

MrsBowen said...

I, too, am going with the pirate theme and would love the behavior chart and font...could u send anything to me? Thanks!!! bowen.nicolela@gmail.com


Thanks bunches!!!

Unknown said...

I love your pirate theme. We are starting the year off as well with a pirate theme the kids seem to enjoy it! Did you get the "first day of school" pirate printable from somewhere? I would love to get it. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...